At Teen Lifeline we welcome a helping hand.
Volunteer jobs with Teen Lifeline can make a world of difference in a teenagers’ life. Jobs vary from facilitating to mentoring to helping sort and distribute donated supplies. All jobs involve being able to build relationships with the teens that we are focused on helping which is as simple as offering a listening ear or making a phone call.
Volunteer FAQs. If you have a question you don’t see answered, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to respond promptly to your request.
What kind of jobs can I volunteer for?
- Each month we receive donations to help out teen parents. These occasionally require pickup and/or delivery. If you like grunt work and have a vehicle that can haul things, this job is for you.
- At out monthly meetings, we put donations out for the parents to look through. This takes time and man power and the more people we have to sort, set out, and put away these baby items the more efficient we are at helping those in need.
- The first step is attending our meetings. This introduces you to what we do and who we serve.
- Second, let us know you are intereseted. This will allow us to begin the process of matching you with a teen.
- Third, fill out our forms and meet with our Program Director for training.
- Lastly start having an IMPACT! We will pair you with one of the parents that attends and you can begin building a relationship that will have a lifelong impact.
- These events can vary greatly and will have many different jobs. We only do a few events a year but we need volunteers at each of those that are excited about that specific event and their involvement in making it happen as best it can.
- Each of our groups needs 2 adults to facilitate. Finding the right people for the job is very important.
- Facilitators need to enjoy being around teenagers and be flexible enough to deal with teens’ quirks.
What are the requirements of being a volunteer?
- Have a heart for teenagers.
- Fill out a release for a background check (if required).
- Complete a Teen Lifeline approved training.
How much time does it take?
Time varies depending on the job you sign up for. Just a few examples are listed here.
- Event volunteers could spend about 10 hours spread over a 2 month period helping plan an event. On the day of the event the commitment would be from 2-4 hours depending on the event.
- Mentors are asked to attend our monthly meetings that are 1 hour each month. On top of that we ask that you make 1 or 2 calls a month and you get to determine how long those take.
- Donations related volunteering could be as little as 1 hour a month and probably never more than 5 or 6 hours in a month total.
If you are interested in helping in our Teen Moms program or CELL groups please contact our Program Director, Ricky Lewis, at 817.281.9900 or email@example.com.